PPP Framework in Uzbekistan consists of legal and institutional framework for developing and implementing PPPs.
The availability of efficient and transparent policy, legal and institutional frameworks encouraging private sector participation is vital for effective implementation of infrastructure projects through PPP structures.
The primary purpose of the Uzbek PPP Framework is to provide a modern policy and a clear legal and institutional framework for PPP projects in Uzbekistan, ultimately incentivising private sector participation in infrastructure projects.
The PPP Development Agency (PPDA), under the Ministry of Finance, is designing the PPP Framework in coordination with line ministries and agencies, local governments (khokimiyats), and other state organizations and state-owned enterprises. PPDA is the main portal to develop, evaluate and monitor PPP projects in Uzbekistan.
The PPP Law is currently under preparation and will be enacted in 2019. It will be based on the Uzbek Civil Code (1996).
Projects Prepared on SOURCE
The Uzbek PPP Development Agency uses SOURCE, the multilateral project development platform. SOURCE supports PPDA in its mandate as the country’s central PPP Unit by providing:
- A collaborative environment connecting all concerned agencies, advisors, multilateral partners and other PPP stakeholders;
- A structured and standardized methodology for defining, appraising, tendering and managing PPPs, to ensure key issues and milestones are addressed;
- A direct and practical access to multilateral best practices and standards, as well as curated knowledge products and tools;
- Communication and promotion platform, reducing preparation and transaction costs, promoting transparency and consistency through the project cycle.
- A knowledge management system, enabling to capture lessons learned, develop benchmarks and analytics, to engage in a continuous improvement process.
"SOURCE is a very useful platform helping us to prepare bankable PPPs"
Golib Kholjigitov, Head of PPP Development Agency, Deputy minister of Finance, Republic of Uzbekistan