Report of the Agency for the Development of Public-Private Partnerships in the Energy Sector
Public-Private Partnership Development Agency (PPPDA) is currently working on 6 projects in the energy sector. One PPP project is on the eve of signing an agreement. This is the construction of a 100 MW wind farm in the Karaozak region of the Republic of Karakalpakstan (with the support of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) (project cost – 108 million US dollars, project duration – 25 years).
Moreover, there are 3 PPP projects at the tender stage. These are projects for the construction of a solar photovoltaic station (Scaling Solar 3) with a capacity of 250 MW in the Bukhara region (Alat district), 100 MW in the Khorezm region (Khozarasp district) and 150 MW in the Namangan region (Pop district).
Also, concepts of 2 PPP project are on the verge of approval. These are projects for the construction of Construction of a solar photovoltaic power plant with a capacity of 300 MW in the Guzar district of the Kashkadarya region (ADB Solar II) and Construction of a 200 MW wind farm in the Republic of Karakalpakstan (EBRD Wind II)
Moreover, 8 projects in the energy sector for 2022-2026 are in the process of preparing and development of project documents. These are
– Construction of a 700 MW wind farm in the Republic of Karakalpakstan and regions (EBRD Wind III);
– Construction of a solar photovoltaic station with a capacity of 300 MW (ADB Solar III);
– Construction of a 500 MW Wind station (with battery storage of 240-720 MW);
– Modernization of 4 thermal power plants in Tashkent and introduction of cogeneration technologies (Phase 1);
– Modernization of thermal power plants in Tashkent and introduction of cogeneration technologies (Phase 2);
– Modernization of the gas supply system of the Jizzakh region;
– Transfer to the management of the gas supply system of the city of Tashkent;
– Project of distribution networks of the city of Tashkent.